Parallax recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our website. We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for our users’ right to privacy. We maintain the highest standards of respect and security when it comes to your personal information.
Types of Information We Collect
- Information provided by you: Any information you input on our websites or mobile applications will be stored and used to provide you with content, improve our services, and contact you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, email address, and location.
- Automatically-collected data: Your network address, browser version information, and referring website (if any) are all submitted automatically to our servers whenever you access our websites. We may log and analyze this information in order to monitor and improve our quality of service, as well as to look for unusual or suspicious usage patterns.
- Online shopping: We use a third-party service provider for the purpose of order fulfillment and credit card verification. All credit card information is stored on a secure server. When you submit payment information, including credit card and billing address details, we will provide that information to our banking and payment-processing partners in order to process your payments.
Cookies and Device Identifiers
We take security of your login and session details very seriously, and will never accept or store cookies that could be used to hijack or make charges against your account without forcing the use of strong SSL encryption between your browser and our servers.
Information Use and Sharing
We will never sell your personal contact information to any third parties. We will use information collected during your usage of our websites and applications to offer requested services, collect and process payments, and to deliver downloadable and customized content to you. In addition, we will make information about your account and usage history available to our customer service and business operation staff in order to ensure that you receive the highest possible quality of service. We also utilize anonymous, aggregated information about website and application usage to improve the reliability and performance of our systems. We may share limited types of information with other vendors or organizations in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors. These statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our users, or others. In addition, some features offered through our websites and applications may make use of services hosted by a third-party. These services may include payment processing, e-mail list management, or tools that allow posting to existing social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Business transfers: In case of acquisition, merger, or business restructuring, the databases and logs containing your personal information may transfer to another business. We will continue to uphold the terms of this Policy in case of any such transfer, but future revisions after that event could modify the Policy.
- Legal compliance and protection: We reserve the right to share information about customer accounts with law enforcement, legal council, or other business or government entities in the case when we determine that it is necessary to comply with the law. We are subject to American laws and regulations. If you are accessing our websites or applications from another jurisdiction, your activity and information will still be stored on our servers in the US.
Security and Storage
We require the use of Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption for all sensitive traffic between you and our website. Every modern web browser supports SSL, and we use the same strength and quality of encryption as online banking and tax-preparation services.
We do not store credit card numbers on our servers.
Updating, Changing, and Deleting Personal Information
To unsubscribe from any Newsletter, simply hit the “Unsubscribe” link provided in each message you receive and, if applicable, re-subscribe with your updated information. To ask that your name and shipping address be removed from our database, please email our Digital Marketing Director and we will remove it within 3 business days.