Book Manuscript Submissions
Parallax Press is a nonprofit publisher founded by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. We publish about 15 books annually on the art of mindful living and Engaged Buddhism. Our authors include the Venerable Thich Nhat Hahn, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Sister Chan Khong, Sister Annabel Laity, Brother Phap Hai, Sister Dang Nghiem, Joanna Macy, George Mumford, Pablo d’Ors, Meena Srinivasan, Bari Tessler, Larry Ward, Gail Silver, Jaimal Yogis, and many others.
Our authors are the backbone of Parallax, and we welcome submissions from both agents and individuals. Please review our current titles before submitting your proposal. Thank you for thinking of us as a home for your work.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we may not be able to respond to all submissions. We are not able to respond to phone calls regarding the status of individual submissions. We do not accept hard copy submissions at this time.
Please submit to Parallax Press via Submittable. A full proposal consists of the following elements. This information is also available on our Submittable page.
- Title, Subtitle, and Word Count of Project
- Synopsis: A three-paragraph synopsis of the manuscript.
- Audience: A paragraph describing the primary audience for your project. Demonstrate that there is substantial interest in this subject in the market and tell us why your book is right for Parallax Press.
- Market: Give indicators of market interest, including examples of what other books out there are comparable to this book and how your proposal is both similar to and different from these books.
- Author Biography, Resume, and Platform: Attach a current resume, including relevant social media platforms. Along with a biography, address specifically why you are the right person to write this book. Include your writing experience as well as your credentials in the area you are writing about and any boards, organizations, and networks of which you are an active member.
- Table of Contents and Sample Chapters: Include a full table of contents as well as at least two sample chapters from the book.
Submissions for the Mindfulness Bell Magazine
The heart of the Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers.
For upcoming issues of the Mindfulness Bell, articles should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in daily life is helping you to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being. The magazine also publishes artwork and black and white photography that relate to mindfulness in daily life and Engaged Buddhism. For more details, please read our “Upcoming Theme” and submission guidelines on the Mindfulness Bell website.